Whether you are a believer or non-believer thanksgiving is a day we all celebrate. To me thanksgiving is a profoundly Christian holiday in that it focuses us on God as the true source of all our blessings. Because of Him we have many things to be thankful and grateful for.
This Monday is a double dose as it is both Thanksgiving and Music Monday. This week’s song is Grateful by Hezekiah Walker
“I will magnify God with thanksgiving” (Psalm 69:30). When we give thanks to him from our hearts, God is magnified. Gratitude glorifies God.
Why does it? The answer is simple: Givers are more glorious than receivers. Benefactors are more glorious than beneficiaries. When we thank God, we acknowledge and display that he is the giver; he is the benefactor. We pay him a high compliment.
When I think about all the things I’ve been through all I can say is THANK YOU! Thank you to all those who no matter how difficult I am, no matter the issue can still be a voice of reasoning. A BIG thank you to my day one… My Jehovah Jireh, my provider! I am thankful that the double life I once lived was not the end of me, I was able to come out of it and give God the thanks he deserves.
Who Should We Thank?
We should come to thank Jesus who is-
“The image of God
The firstborn over creation
The one by whom all things were made, and for whom all things were made
The one who is above all things
The one who holds everything together
The head of his church
The firstborn from the dead
Indwelt by the fullness of God in bodily form.
THE BELOVED SON”
Why Do We Thank?
Give thanks to the Father who has qualified you…
If you have ever been looked over or left out you know what it feels like… Last picked for teams, rejected from a job, etc. The good news is that Jesus came to qualify people who feel disqualified.
1 Corinthians 1:26-31
“For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. 27But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; 28God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, 29so that no human beingd might boast in the presence of God. 30And because of hime you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”
How Do We Thank?
We thank by humbly confessing that what we have received is better than we deserve, and hence we are full of thankfulness.
Abounding in Thanksgiving looks like Psalm 100:
“Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the Lord, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!
For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.”
A few shoutouts below to those who I am most thankful for:
- G.O.D, in good times and bad I can and should be giving God thanks. God the Father – the initiator of all things: before I thank people I thank him.
- MOMMA, momma you know I love you
- Sista’s, who/where/what would I be without my sisters? This is not a question I like to entertain but with a day as special as today it helps put some things into perspective. I would be a MESS without them. I thank God for them everyday
- POPS, my father is the epitome of great from the way he listens to the sacrifices he makes. I am thankful for my Father above for bringing me an angel from the heaven’s above that I can call Dad
- Kyle, where do I begin with Kyle? My wonderful boyfriend. He teaches me everyday what it means to be loved and to love unconditionally. I am so very thankful that he continues to push me to greatness and that he silences all my fears and insecurities. His love puts to rest any problems or pain along the way.
- To all my viewers, this blog would be nothing if it weren’t for the support and love from everyone that reads, subscribes, follows or simply visits. THANK YOU ❤
Grateful for the things
That you have done
Yes, I’m grateful for the vic-tories we’ve won
I could go on and on and on
About you works
Because I’m grateful, grateful, so grateful
Just to praise you lord
Flowing from my heart
Are the issues of my heart